The Mistress

The Mistress - Tiffany Reisz I have thoroughly enjoyed this series and this author. [b:The Angel|13548075|The Angel (The Original Sinners, #2)|Tiffany Reisz|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1337044736s/13548075.jpg|19113247] was one of my favorite books last year. The Mistress was not my favorite... I still enjoy the author's writing and her characters, but this novel felt.... off. The interview style that is used to rehash past events was not the best, but that didn't even bother me entirely, it's that it was used to rehash events we already knew about. And rehash them multiple times. The villain seriously got on my nerves and I felt like she was too one dimensional. She got very old. And tiring. I was done with her once I realized there would be no evolving for her, by half way through the book. At times this book seemed to just go on, and on.
Still, developments are made between the beautiful trifecta that is Soren, Kingsley, and Nora.
I do need to disclaim that I am not a fan of Wesley and that I keep returning to these books to see Nora and Soren reunited :) Without giving away anything, I was very satisfied with how this book concluded in THAT aspect, until the very very ending with one twist that left me going WHY?? Sigh! I look forward to future releases from Tiffany Reisz.