Touch & Geaux

Touch & Geaux - Abigail Roux This book is genius. Why? Because Abigail Roux manages to pull off so many things that could have fallen completely flat and yet they totally worked in Touch & Geaux. She gave me the dialog I have come to love and expect from my favorite characters - "They blew a cat at me!" - in bounties. As I was reading, once again I found myself falling in love all over again with Ty and Zane (at book 7, that is a huge accomplishment), and the secondary characters as well. There is a new player in this one, Liam Bell, which if you've been following Ms Roux's tumblr teasers you are prepared for, and he was fantastic. I sincerely hope he gets a book all of his own. But what Ms Roux manages to do the most is instill all that same heart and soul in to these characters, so that when she tortures them, you feel it in your chest, in your gut, and your tearducts because you are crying like a fool. Touch & Geaux made me feel so profoundly, that I loved it and hated it and loved it again and then was beyond sad when it ended. And the ending! SO EVIL! I am SO beyond excited for other Cut & Run series fans to read this book because it is absolutely without a doubt the best in the series (and yes, I say that with each new one, but it's true). This is the author and series that keep on delivering. The idea that I will have to wait another year for more is a torture beyond compare.