Riveted

Riveted -  Meljean Brook This is a spoiler free review.
Riveted is the third book in Meljean Brook's Iron Seas series, and easily my favorite of the series, and most definitely one of my favorite reads of the year. I suspect it is going to be everyone's favorite in the series... no joke! While it is based in the same Iron Seas world, it is a completely new setting, Iceland, with new folklore and mythology. New characters, too! And oh how they simply shine. Annika and David both are so unique and strong in their own ways, and could not be more perfect for each other.

It didn't take long for me to realize that I was completely enamored of the hero and the heroine. They both are so different, eccentric, and are both completely smitten with one another from the start. I could not wait for them to meet up again, so I could get more of their interaction. The tension that builds between them is so sweet and engaging. I suppose you could say I felt like this was the most romantic of the books in that the two main characters are so in to each other from the start. Maybe it was just because I fell in love with each of them immediately that I feel that way, but regardless, I think this book is going to appeal to everyone.

My most favorite part of this book are the trolls!!! Giant mechanical trolls that each have their own look and personality, though they are person-driven. They added such a spectacular depth to the story, I hope they show up in more future Iron Seas novels.

Riveted can most definitely be read stand-alone, and oh how I recommend it! It you are new to the series, check this book out, it will definitely have you reaching for the backlist. Existing fans are going to devour this installment, it is simply superb in every way.