If You See Her

If You See Her - Shiloh Walker Posted at Life As A Spaz
After reading the first book in Shiloh Walker's romantic suspense Ash Trilogy, If You Hear Her, I could not wait to get my hands on this one. If You See Her picks up right where the first book left off and there is a nasty killer still on the loose in the small town of Ash, Kentucky. We know all of the characters in play by now, while the romance arc is between Hope and Remy. As we get to enjoy the happily-ever-after play out, we are also watching the town from the killer's perspective. The whodunit aspect, which spans the trilogy, is so much fun!

One of the things that I love about this book, and the series overall, is the evolution of the friendships between all of the characters. The authenticity of the relationships created is profound, and I love the give and take among the full cast. They are all sensible, and actually talk to each other when they need to and don't unnecessarily withhold information from each other. Nobody suffers from dumb-itis, and the lack of forced angst is refreshing. This definitely affects the pace, and keeps it flowing at a nice fast speed.

I enjoyed watching Remy cherish and adore Hope. From the systematic mental and physical abuse she has suffered at the hands of her ex-husband, Hope is initially terrified of Remy. I don't mean just playing hard to get, she is sincerely terrified of him, and I believed it. Watching her come around to his endearingly charismatic pursuit is enjoyable and endearing. And Law. Love, love, love Law. We've spent the most time with him, since he's remained a solid figure in the first two books and he finally moves to center state in the finale book of the trilogy, If You Know Her. I can't flippin' wait for him to get some nookie! :P Oh yeah, and to find out WHO THE KILLER IS. I have no idea, peeps!

Grade: A. I totally spazzed when I finished this book.