Oracle's Moon

Oracle's Moon - Thea Harrison Originally posted at WickedLilPixie Reviews

Ever finish a book and worry over writing a review on it because you are just plain scared you won’t be able to do it justice? That you won’t be able to express just how awesome it is to you? That is me, with Thea Harrison’s Oracle’s Moon. When I finished I put this one down and proclaimed to the world on Twitter that for me, Thea Harrison is one of the best new authors to happen to Paranormal Romance in 2011. And boy is she going to live up to that title in 2012 when everyone gets to read this one.

We already have met both the hero Khalil and the heroine Grace. I love when a story starts out with the characters already having a base to a relationship started, even if it’s one of great antagonism. Grace is struggling so very hard to take care of her niece and nephew. I have to say that I am hard to please when it comes to kids taking a center stage in a story, but just like Khalil, I was smitten with these two kids. And Grace does everything she can to put them first. Her efforts are so admirable, and she is doing whatever it takes to take care of these children she sees as her own. As Khalil watches over her and the kids, he realizes just how incredible she is for taking on all she has. To watch them go from Frienemies to Lovers is a true pleasure to experience and I loved this book with all my might.

Khalil is just… wow. I haven’t been this impressed with a hero since Dragos in Dragon Bound. His expressions as he learned how to communicate were, dare I say, adorable? He is one of the oldest and most powerful of the Demonkind. And yet his vulnerability around those children is so prominent and it is so… endearing. There are parts where I have to swallow a lump in my throat, as he expresses the love he has for his own daughter who has suffered something awful. And Grace continues to help one being after another, whether human, witch, or Djinn. Their relationship completely evolves as they grow together, and it seems so natural for them to be lovers. And the smex scenes are just so intense and hot, what I’ve come to expect from this series.

Thea Harrison hits another home run with this story, and it becomes one of my favorites in the series. But don’t I say that about every Elder Races book? But guys I really really mean it this time! Elder Races series reading order:

Dragon Bound