Another Kind of Dead

Another Kind of Dead - Kelly Meding Originally posted at WickedLilPixie Reviews
I am not going to do a summary because the blurb above really does give you a good idea of what happens in Another Kind of Dead. This book should not be read standalone and is the third book in Kelly Meding’s Dreg City series, which is now one of my favorite Urban Fantasy series.

To me, this series really is one of perseverance and utter sacrifice. Evy, a former Dreg Bounty Hunter, endures awful horrors over the past two books, and they don’t let up in Another Kind of Dead. She just keeps on rolling with the punches and I love her for it. She is tough, and in the end she will do whatever she can to keep those she loves from pain. I have to agree with other reviews I’ve read that compare her to Gin from Jennifer Estep’s Elemental Assassin series. If you enjoy that series, you should really try this one out!

At the start of the third book, it’s only been 2 weeks that we’ve been with Evy from the first. Evy’s relationship with Wyatt has grown and matured nicely, and we get some really fantastic relationship development. We get to see some heart and gut wrenching flashbacks of Ivy’s past, both with Wyatt and before her becoming a Hunter. Wyatt is just as much of a lost soul as she is, they know they need one another but they don’t know how to say it. I was moved, saddened, relieved, horrified, and elated… to name a few emotions I felt while reading. This is a page-turner, no doubt about it, and the intensity never lets up. With Another Kind of Dead, this series is another one of those rare gems that just gets better and better which each book. In fact, as I was reading the book, I was reminded just how much I enjoyed the second book in the series, and now I want to go do a re-read of the first two! Come onnnn, January! I cannot wait for Wrong Side of Dead!!

My Urban Fantasy peeps: Give this series a try!!

The Dreg City series reading order: