The Renfield Syndrome

The Renfield Syndrome - J.A. Saare Originally posted at WickedLilPixie Reviews. This is a joint review between Nat of Wicked Lil Pixie and me.

SPAZ: The Renfield Syndrome is the second book in J.A. Saare’s Rhiannon’s Law series, and we are going to give you a spoiler-free review. That’s not easy, because things happen in this book that will blow your mind. Here are my live reactions while reading TRS, I saved my notes, and even DMd some of them to Nat:

here we go. shit. love it. what the? BEST CHICK FIGHT I’VE EVER READ!!!!!!!. this bitch can write! holy crap. AWWWWWWWWW! love it. biiiiiiiiiiiiiiitchhh. what the what? uh oh. OH MY GOD MY HEART. IT HURTS SO BAD. biting my nails. deep breathes. WHEN IS THE NEXT BOOK I NEED IT RIGHT NOW.

WLP: Of course Pam had to take the lead in reading, I was on page 15 & Pam was at 60! Thus leading to a late night for me, for some reason I stopped at 2am on page 140. THANK GOD I stopped when I did. I picked up the book after my first cup of coffee & damn near almost actually phoned Pam to freak out. Alas, Pam fell asleep reading so I had no one to share my OMG Jaime is pure evil goodness with….but Jaime. That’s right, I went straight to DM to talk it out with Jaime & Bells.

SPAZ: I tried Nat, I really tried. I almost resorted to using toothpicks to hold my eyelids up, but my brain was just like, no-uh hooker time to say nightnight to the ass-kicking.

Spaz’s Favorite Quotes:

When I got home, I knew the first thing I was getting. A tattoo on my forehead that said, “Your ticket to insane shit stops here.” pg.14

Holy fucking God. The New York of the future was not the New York of which I approved. pg. 68

We don’t need another hero? Fuck you, Tina. I’ll stick with Bonnie Tyler. pg. 84

I was sure my apparel didn’t meet her standards. It was all good. As shitty as the ripped, bloody, and ugly-ass camouflage looked, I wouldn’t be caught dead in a cat suit. pg. 90

“Things will be different between us,” I told him, meaning every word. “I promise you.” pg. 155

I’d accomplished what I needed to by facing my past and forcing myself to balls up. While it didn’t feel as good as I thought it might, it was a start. pg. 192

WLP’s Favorite Quote:

I don’t have one, plus Pam kinda went quote crazy. I have two favorite scenes: The fight scene. I swear to you Jaime Saare is the QUEEN of chick fights, this is how real chicks fight. We don’t choreograph our moves, we fight dirty. We pull hair, smack a bitch & eye poke. I applaud this scene, it was nothing short of truly brutal goodness. The other scene I can’t talk about, but it involved Paine & Rhi and damn if I didn’t get teary.

SPAZ: *snickers* myyyy baad! And this is the I-Have-To-Cut-It-Down-To-Avoid-Spoilers quote list! Like the second to last quote there? You don’t know who she’s talking to. HA! But yeah, seriously Nat, we have the same two favorite scenes as well… Jaime outdid herself with THE fight scene. We Ladies have no rules, and Jaime captured that beautifully! It’s ugly, raw, and so so good. And the second one that cannot be discussed? Water particles may have collected at the edges of my eyes for some reason as well, but we don’t need to talk about that right now.

Pam & I both agree, The Renfield Syndrome is a total 5 star book. I don’t know how much longer we can wait for book three, The Ripple Effect!! If you haven’t started this series yet, it’s time to get your booties in gear. Start with the first book Dead, Undead or Somewhere in Between right now. We promise, you will not be disappointed.