Of Course I Try

Of Course I Try - Seleste deLaney Me and WLP have joint reviewed this short story at: http://wickedlilpixie.com/2010/09/02/spaz-wlp-review-of-course-i-try-seleste-delaney/

Spaz: I went out of my usual comfort zone reading this short story. I don’t usually go for short stories, and I prefer full-length novels over anthologies. In addition, I very rarely pick up erotica unless it is part of a series blended with another genre.

WLP: *nods* me too, short stories don’t usually do “it” for me.

Spaz: With that being said, what a pleasant surprise Of Course I Try is! Because of its length I don’t want to talk too much about the story in detail because I don’t want to give away anything, but I really enjoyed it. The story starts off right from the get-go with one steamy scene, then it grabs on to you and takes you on a hot suspenseful ride.

WLP: I have to admit, when I read that opening scene I went “Oh no”, I thought it was going to be all sex, all the time, what a wicked surprise!

Spaz: I really enjoyed Ms. DeLaney’s writing style, the story moved and flowed well. I could envision the heroine Jocelyn Reyes, her friends, and her world seemingly centered around Max Shaw very clearly. It was jarring but fun to be on this ride with her, stuck in a helpless feeling of being out of control, and trying to figure out why. The story’s consistent suspense level throughout was nicely concluded and the mystery was revealed.

WLP: I had a feeling Max was too good to be true. Little did we know..hmph.

Spaz: This is a very short, very fast, very exciting ride with a nice paranormal twist. I look forward to meeting Jocelyn again, hopefully in another short story, or maybe a full-length novel? I definitely would like more!

WLP: Me too! Do you hear us Seleste?