(DARKER AFTER MIDNIGHT) BY [ADRIAN, LARA](AUTHOR)PAPERBACK

(DARKER AFTER MIDNIGHT) BY [ADRIAN, LARA](AUTHOR)PAPERBACK - Lara Adrian Originally posted at WickedLilPixie Reviews

Darker After Midnight is the 10th novel in Lara Adrian’s Midnight Breed series. We finally get our HEA for Sterling freaking Chase! All of my trusted book blogger friends told me that this was the best book of the series to date and soI got busy reading it.

Let me break it down for you my feelings on the Midnight Breed series, overall. Truthfully, the last two books I found to be really boring, and I had made the decision that I was giving up on the series. One of the issues I found myself frustrated with in each book was the constant parading of the previous HEA couples through the current story to remind us they are in love and how happy they are together. It makes me want to barf and stab my ereader with a spork. It can be that annoyingly cheesey. Fortunately, the cheese parade was halted in Darker After Midnight, and I didn’t have any of my usual WE GET IT THEY ARE IN LOVE fits I usually do with these books.

This is hands-down the smokin hottest book of the entire Midnight Breed series. Sterling Chase gives what he’s got to Tavia, and she takes it all and begs for more. She is an awesome heroine! I loved the new twist on paranormal species Tavia is revealed to be, it was a great turn on how to get away from the same old boring breedmate story. The suspense was really good, and so was the action and drama. The Order has been brought to its knees, and Chase’s life expectancy is looking very grim. Dragos as the nasty villain is quite entertaining to watch now that he feels invincible, and I found so much pleasure in watching him finally get defeated. There is a really nice side story going on with Jenna and her recollecting memories from the Ancient who tainted her, and I love the direction it is taking the series in! This was truly a good book, and I enjoyed it tremendously!

“You wish you’d never met me. Trust me, I get it. I wish that for you too, Tavia.

“No, I don’t wish that at all,” she said surprised by how deeply she meant it.

She looked at him, taking in the hard lines of his stark, handsome face and the world-weariness of his ruthless, beautiful eyes. “I’m glad I met you, Sterling Chase. Right now, you’re the only friend I have.”

He stared at her. Then he laughed, low and cynical. his hand withdrew from hers now, leaving a chill behind on her skin. “You should know something about me, Tavia. I don’t have friends. What I do have is a bad habit of disappointing everyone around me. Better you hear that now than be fool enough to think you can count on me later.”

If you’ve taken a break from the series, you might want to reconsider getting back in the game. With Darker After Midnight, Lara Adrian has thrown down the gauntlet and let us all know that this series is anything from stale or drawn out. She’s still got some twists and turns up her sleeve, and I’ll definitely continue following her on this journey.