Fire Inside

Fire Inside - Kristen Ashley I have to admit, I didn't really think much about Hop (or Lanie, to be honest) before this book. He was just kinda there in Motorcycle Man and Own the Wind, and I certainly didn't find him sexy or appealing. As for Lanie, after the above mentioned books I was just like, ugh whatever, you're dumb. I know, harsh.
That being said, Fire Inside changed all of that for me -- I ended up enjoying this more than the first book in the Chaos series [b:Own the Wind|16163690|Own the Wind (Chaos, #1)|Kristen Ashley|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1358119230s/16163690.jpg|22006731]. Hop is totally the perfect match for Lanie and I ADORED him. I mean I found myself loooooooving him. He was the right amount of motorcycle alpha, but had this sweet and romantic side of him that allowed him to take care of Lanie in the way she needed to be cared for. I didn't really understand where she was coming from through a good portion of the book, but when she finally reveals things about herself, I got her. Totally. It surprised the shit out of me that I enjoyed this book as much as I did, but I shouldn't have been surprised - if anyone can redeem a character for me, it's Kristen Ashley, and I should know that by now. I love that KA's books are getting the full edit treatment as well. So her stories really shine through without all the messy tedious details and editing mistakes - I continue to be a true Kristen Ashley fan and this book further solidifies that I will pretty much read any dang thing she writes.