The Siren

The Siren - Tiffany Reisz
I caved to tweer pressure and pounced on The Siren when I was notified it was on special price. I went in to it knowing nothing, didn't even read the blurb, only many I knew and trusted seemed to love it. This is where I tell you that I'm so glad I took a chance and listened to my book blogging friends.

I really wasn't sure what to think of Nora Sutherlin at first, but with her wit and strength of character, she most definitely won me over. Zachary Easton I wasn't sure about either, but he grew on me, as well. Nora and Zach have this wonderful give and take going on between them that made me want to know more. I wanted more backstory on both of them, and sat on the edge of my seat as the story unfolded. I waited for them to have time together, in eager anticipation. Nothing happens as I thought it would, and I was kept completely interested.

Then there are the secondary characters, such as Søren. You are going to hate him, and then love to hate him. Believe. Wesley, her side kick assistant, but so much more, will have you from the start. Oh my gosh, people, the characters are so compelling, you may not like some of them as much as you like others, but they will all certainly grab you.

The Siren thoroughly and properly scandalized me. There were several parts that made me very uncomfortable, and yet I was undeniably swayed. By the middle of the book as things are further revealed, I was ALL CAPS DMing my friends Bells and Smexy. I really did not know what direction the book was going to go from one chapter to the next, and I loved that. The storytelling, for me, was simply superb and darkly imaginative. I have never read a book quite like this, and was entirely satisfied.

The Siren is not for everyone. But if you feel like taking a walk on the super dark, intense and erotic side, I urge you to try this book. The writing is phenomenal and sophisticated; it's the best not-a-love-story love story I've read in a long time. Believe me when I tell you that you will want the next book in The Original Sinners series, The Angel, immediately.