Changeling

Changeling - Kelly Meding Dahlia Perkins, also known by her Meta name Ember, is basically the proverbial new kid on the block with the Ranger Corps. She only recently discovered her powers, and is the newest recruit to the group. She has yet to find her place or her purpose, except for following Trance's lead. It has been six months since their showdown with Specter in the first book, Trance, and their biggest concerns lately are picking out new paint and light fixtures for their new headquarters. That all changes once Ember becomes the intended victim of a shooting, which temporarily takes out Trance and leaves the group without an immediate leader.

First thing you need to know about this book is that you won't read anything else out there like it. It is unique in its creativity. The series itself is compared to XMen, but it is so much more than that. The story was very reminiscent to me of the X-Files. There are some crazy twist and turns that will have you gasping. And don't get too attached to any one character, because Kelly Meding ain't afraid to take them away from you. I enjoyed the romance aspect of Changeling, as well, it is very unconventional and definitely not a prominent aspect of the story, but it adds clamorous tension, and I felt very connected to the hero. Just know this is not a romance story at all, this is all about the action!

Changeling is a GREAT book. The pace is full-force, the action never lets up, the story is super good and unique, the entire cast of characters are very compelling, and I was thoroughly entertained from start to finish. There are at least three moments where the story went BOOM! with its revelations. Changeling, and the MetaWars series in general is unlike anything else out there right now.

Events that occurred in the first book of the MetaWars series, Trance, do play a role in this book. While I don't think a reader would be entirely lost picking up here, I do most definitely recommend starting with the first book to get the full impact of Changeling.