Unholy Ghosts

Unholy Ghosts - Stacia Kane Do you like dark Urban Fantasy? This book IS FOR YOU. I read this book in under 24 hours. Could not put it down and was completely enthralled from start to finish. I am still at that just-finished-this-book phase where I want to gush and obsess on it. Much as I was at the end of Magic Bleeds, though the 2 series are nothing alike.

Unholy Ghosts is quite a unique new twist on Urban Fantasy and is very dark. The story never lets up as it follows the kickass heroine, Chess. Ms Kane never repeats herself with things you already know during the narration, she just starts from the very beginning placing you in this world and doesn't talk down to you, expecting you to keep up. I LOVE that.

To sum it up without spoilers, the heroine NEVER got on my nerves, not once, which is huge for me. She is tough, without being mean or ruthless. She is smart, always on the ball. But most importantly, she is real and I felt the ability to empathize with what drives her. Her two main men that she becomes "close" to I am loving, particularly Terrible. Believe me, you'll love him, and he is not your typical "leading man". AT ALL.

Fascinating story. Fascinating characters. Fascination world.

I actually won this book after entering a giveaway from Wicked L Pixie's blog (http://wickedlilpixie.com/). She did a review on the book and it sounded so intriguing that I entered the book giveaway, and won! So, my copy is actually signed by Stacia King herself, *gloats*.

The great news is that the 2nd and 3rd books are out in July with a back to back release.